[thelist] Another Netscape problem

Jagjeet Hayer Jagjeet.Hayer at softwareag.co.uk
Tue Aug 22 08:44:13 CDT 2000

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me how to access a select box in Netscape? The complication
too this is that the select must be hidden.

So the code after some fiddling looks something like this:

<ilayer id=ilayer1>
<layer id=layer1 visibility=hide position=absolute>

  <nolayer>
  </nolayer>

	<form name=layerform>
	<SELECT id=list name=list style='visibility:hidden'></SELECT>
	</form>

  <nolayer>
  </nolayer>
</layer>
</ilayer>

In the JavaScript I am trying to access using the following:

document.ilayer1.document.layer1.document.layerform.list.options[0].value;

But this doesn't work.

Can anyone tell me where I am going wrong? Or indeed if there is a much
better way of achieving this?

TIA,

Jag.