[thelist] E-mails for iMac

kev.skindrill kev.skindrill at bigfoot.com
Tue Aug 22 16:14:27 CDT 2000

> use the <br>... i'll bet that mail reader doesn't know XHTML, so
> why bother adding a '/' anyway...

A-ha! I think this could be the problem. I used <br/> because of recent
threads concerning XHTML and that it is good practice to start using it
<DOH!> Got it wrong again</DOH!> ,and, yes, I do know that <DOH!> is not a
valid tag as well :)

>what is the content-type SMTP header? is it "text/html"?

Actually, what it says is  that it is a "multi-part message in MIME format"
with both "Content-type: text/plain" and "Content-type: text/html". I do
remember setting the MIME content in the ASP. Should I remove this line?

>does he see the html tags? Is IE 5.0 installed on the iMac? What version of
>Outlook?

No, yes, 4.5 (I think)

Cheers