[thelist] Online Resume

Steve Cook sck at biljettpoolen.se
Wed Aug 23 09:04:32 CDT 2000

Mine's old, outdated and not terribly sexy, but the info that's on it is
probably of some use...

http://cookstour.org/cv/

More importantly I can shed some light on whether employers look at online
CV's. The answer is sometimes :-) It depends on the job you are going for
and the particular employer. What I can say is that if you are going for a
job as a web developer of some descriptionb, then having an online CV at
least shows that you sit down and work with the medium. Having a personal
site, reference sites, an online portfolio, or whatever extra online
material shows that you actually get off your butt and practise what you
preach (imnsho!).

It is extremely unlikely that a prospective employer will come and find you
on the web without you having signed up with recruitment services, or mailed
out your CV or whatever approach you choose to take, but if you enclose
along with your paper CV, or email enquiry, a link to your online CV, they
will probably take the time to look at it. Similarly, if you work with
multimedia, you should probably see that prospective employers get a
showcase CD etc.

I hope that helps - and remember to keep your CV better updated than mine if
you are actually looking for jobs :-) (It's over a year old, though it
helped me win 2 jobs since I've been in Sweden).

.steve

   WapWarp - http://wapwarp.com
 Wap-Dev - http://www.wap-dev.net
 Cookstour - http://cookstour.org