[thelist] Online Resume

Scott Dexter sgd at ti3.com
Wed Aug 23 10:46:29 CDT 2000

> And...
> Do any of you think that potential employees ever look at an online
> resume.  Just wondering.

As an employer that hires people with online skills, a printed resume
without an email addy *and* URL gets tossed aside, and I check out the site
with scrutiny (looking at source and such).

You bet your last peso employers look at them. --Oh, do yourself a favor and
invest some time in their website. I've had too many interviewees that have
never taken the time to look at our website. "Here's the door,
thankyouverymuch."

take your time with it, but make it clean. Depending on the job, you might
consider multiple flavors, i.e. a http://useit.com flavor and a
http://tickertape.net/ flavor, er something....

sgd
--