[thelist] ASP question

Scott Dexter sgd at ti3.com
Wed Aug 23 16:51:12 CDT 2000

just reading through your post and thinking off the top of my head (okay,
truth be told, its how I respond to 99% of thelist emails ;) )

I'd look into writing an ASAPI dll that sits 'in the line of fire' and
reconstructs the url to what you need. It'd be faster performance-wise than
the redirections through a 404 page, but it's also some coding you may not
be used to.

Other than that, I dunno, I'd hafta check it out.

Are the stories static? What about pre-processing them (i.e. once a night)
and generating all those pages? --You get them indexed, and there's no extra
ASP overhead in serving them up ....

sgd
--
think safely