[thelist] Meta Tags in an SSI? Will Robots Read Them?

Jeff jeff at c4webdesign.com
Thu Aug 24 01:14:35 CDT 2000

patricia,

:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: From: Patricia Meeks <pmeeks at email.msn.com>
:
: I just had someone ask me an interesting question:
: If you place your meta tags on a Server Side Include
: (SSI), will the search engine robots pick them up
: (assuming it's one of the search engine robots that
: is programmed to use meta tags -- many don't).

lemme ask you a question that will hopefully help you figure out the answer
to yours.

when you look at the source of a webpage, can you tell if ssi's were used?

good luck,

.jeff

name://jeff.howden
game://web.development