[thelist] Online Resume

Marlene Bruce marlene.bruce at colemandesign.com
Thu Aug 24 16:56:28 CDT 2000

> From: 	Jamie Madden
>
> I'm putting together an online resume and was wondering if I could ask you
>
> evolutians to post some URLs to your resumes [snip]

I have a web version at:
http://www.digitizethis.com/portfolio/resume.html
and a printable version at:
http://www.digitizethis.com/portfolio/printresume.html

> And...
> Do any of you think that potential employees ever look at an online
> resume.  Just wondering.

In my experience, they do. Don't know what kind of work you do, but having a
demonstrable portfolio online may also be helpful (for either design or
coding). My current employer remarked how much they appreciated the fact
that I had descriptions within my portfolio of how I specifically
contributed to each project.

I've had more job changes in the last year than I care to discuss (I left #1
because of an incredible offer, which then turned into an incompatible
working relationship (#2), and company #3 went bankrupt...now, company #4 is
stable and a great match), and because I've done so much job hunting
recently I am fully aware of how an online resume can be of help. Especially
if you register with places such as http://www.monster.com/ and the like,
recruiters will eat it up (at least they did mine). Your location and skills
will probably have a significant impact on the offers or inquiries you get
off your online resume. Even when I'm not looking, I try to keep my resume
updated every quarter at least.

Good luck,
Marlene