[thelist] Dress for Success (was: HTML test)

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 25 13:40:32 CDT 2000

> From: "Bailey, Dan" <dbailey2 at healthaxis.com>
>
> Dockers shoes (don't know the technical term for 'em...I'm a
> jeans-n-t-shirt kinda guy), and a blue short sleeved knit-material
> shirt with buttons at the neck, but no collar.  I rocked them in the

like a polo without a collar?

henley.  all that is right with clothing exists in those shirts...

when i interview folks, i've had guys come in wearing full suits, and
guys come in wearing khakis and button-downs...  i try not to judge
people based on what they wear (it's against employment law), and
ultimately i don't care what you're wearing... my only requirement is
that is be neat and clean... a guy in a frumpy/stained/ripped/ill-
fitting 3-piece suit would be better off coming to my office in a fitting
pressed pair of khakis and a tucked-in polo shirt...

...or a hawaiian shirt (yes, isaac, i'm wearing one right now, it's got
women in 1950s'era bikinis under palm trees)...