[thelist] Cold Fusion: Text to HTML?

Frank framar at interlog.com
Sat Aug 26 13:46:00 CDT 2000

I've got a bit of a problem I'm trying to create a simple set of
functions that will return the content of a form as html.

As the user adds

lineone
line two

Line three as a new paragraph

I was to make it so that it returns as

lineone<br>
line two<br>

Now I can user stringreplace, but what are the escaped characters for returns?

In BBEdit, I would use \r, (or \cr in some apps) but I can't seem to
find the correct one to work in cold fusion.

Second querstion, related. Do you think I'm better of adding the form
info w/html into the DB, or should I convert it when it's fed from
the DB (I'm wondering if there are some sort of conversions that may
go on behind the scene to screw up my function)

Help?
--

Frank Marion                      Loofah Communications
frank at loofahcom.com               http://www.loofahcom.com