[thelist] Cold Fusion: Text to HTML?

Jeff jeff at c4webdesign.com
Sat Aug 26 14:31:15 CDT 2000

frank,

:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: From: Frank <framar at interlog.com>
:
: Now I can user stringreplace, but what are the
: escaped characters for returns?
:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

meet your new friend:

http://www.asciitable.com/

:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: Second querstion, related. Do you think I'm better
: of adding the form info w/html into the DB, or should
: I convert it when it's fed from the DB (I'm wondering
: if there are some sort of conversions that may go on
: behind the scene to screw up my function)
:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

definitely do it before.  better to do the conversion once than to do the
conversion every single time the data is viewed.

<tip type="cold fusion" author=".jeff">

did you know that you can wrap functions as deep as you want?

#Replace(Replace(form.foo,"'", "\'", "ALL"), Chr(10), "\n", "ALL")#

the above would first replace all single-quotes with
back-slash-single-quote.  then it would replace all line feeds with \n.

</tip>

good luck,

.jeff

name://jeff.howden