[thelist] OT: Packet sniffer for the Mac

Frank framar at interlog.com
Mon Aug 28 10:26:35 CDT 2000

At 3:10 AM -0600 8/28/00, Tony Grimes wrote:
>  Does anyone have a recommendation for a good packet
>  sniffer for the MacOS? The cheaper, the better. I'm
>  writing a story on broadband security in my area and I
>  want to check how many stray packets are flying around
>  on my local cable network (@home). I don't need to
>  decode them, just want to know if they're there.
>  Distinguishing between Windows and AppleTalk protocols
>  would be a bonus.

May I recommend Interarchy (formally Anarchie). Peter Lewis has
rolled up a large part of his product line into it. You want it? It
does it almost all. Plus you get a 30 day free evaluation.

http://www.interarchy.com/

Interarchy 3.8 download link:
ftp://the.ausmac.net/pub/mac/Communication-SW/interarchy-38.hqx
--

Frank Marion                      Loofah Communications
frank at loofahcom.com               http://www.loofahcom.com