[thelist] Photoshop 6 screen caps

Aylard JA (James) jaylard at equilon.com
Tue Aug 29 09:44:37 CDT 2000

Paul Bradforth wrote:
> I don't think so. Adobe 'made' IS into LiveMotion, which upset a lot of
> people who just wanted IS to be upgraded.

	You think so? While LiveMotion may have incorporated many of the
features of ImageStyler, I have never considered it a successor to IS -- its
purpose seems quite different. IMO, ImageStyler has largely been subsumed
into the Photoshop/ImageReady duo, although PS5.5/IR2 definitely offer a
pared down sampling of its capabilities. It looks as though the PS6/IR3
combination will offer much more in the way of IS's capabilities, but that
IS itself, IMO, was for all intents and purposes a marketing dead-end in
Adobe's effort to put the Web into its product line.

James Aylard
jaylard at equilon.com