[thelist] Tab-, comma-, return-delimited text into Access via CF

Minh Lee Goon v7ac at sdsumus.sdstate.edu
Tue Aug 29 14:46:11 CDT 2000

Dear evolta,
I would like to upload a number of IDs into my Access db via a CF web
application. I can do one record at a time, but there may be need to
insert more than one record at a time. Is there a way to format a text
file (either tab-, comma-, return-delimited) to be inserted into the
Access db? The data could also be pasted into a <textarea>, if that
would help the processing.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

</ml>

<tip type="ColdFusion">
Looking for a quick and easy way to determine the amount of time between
two dates? Check out ColdFusion's DateDiff function. This powerful
little tool shows you the difference between two dates using any one of
ten calculations, all in one function! Want to know the difference in
years? Use

   <cfoutput>
      #Abs("#DateDiff("yyyy","#form.date2#","#form.date1#")#")#
   </cfoutput>

How about in seconds? Use

   <cfoutput>
      #Abs("#DateDiff("s","#form.date2#","#form.date1#")#")#
   </cfoutput>

By simply changing the type, you can also find out the time difference
in quarters, days, weeks, and so on.
</tip>