[thelist] Access (Please don't cringe) problem.

kev.skindrill kev.skindrill at bigfoot.com
Tue Aug 29 14:52:27 CDT 2000

> I have a situation where something was accessing an Access database and
had
> the DB locked via a password.
>
> Attempts to locate the employee, now no longer with us, who set this up
have
> been unsuccessful and of course, we need to use the application and DB.

Hi Gary
            Not sure if this will work, but if the access to the database is
in ASP can you use your FTP software to view the code which will show you
the password in the connection string? I know that if you are using a
browser & look at the source code it won't show any server side script but
my FTP program (terrapin from http://www.tpin.com ) has a "view" option to
look at all the code. Hope I've explained this well enough.