[thelist] Price help!

mr dave squalid at libertysurf.co.uk
Tue Aug 29 15:26:05 CDT 2000

Greetings those who evolt,

I don't think this is Off Topic but if it is give me a clip round the ear
and I'll tip in return.
Right......

I've been asked to design a site for a small local company, who want around
a 20 page(ish) site just to give them a "web presence". This is not selling
anything, so there would be no shopping cart or such like, just plain ol'
HTML and possibly a little JavaScript here and there for good measure.

My problem is, I've never done a site for a paying customer before and have
no idea about what to charge and the details of a contract.

Does the fact that I'm 16 make a difference? I must also mention that I live
in the UK.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Cheers,
Mr Dave