[thelist] CF: Email attachments on the fly

Oliver Lineham oliver at lineham.co.nz
Tue Aug 29 15:51:28 CDT 2000

Hi again,

A day for questions.

On a ColdFusion based site, I want to make an attachment to a message that
is sent out by CFMAIL.  I've looked at the docs and can see plenty of ways
to attach a file that actually exists on the disk, but all I want to do is
generate the attachment on the fly.

The attachment actually contains a tab-delimited version of the data being
sent in the body.  You can see why generating it on the fly is much more
preferable than generating a file, saving it to disk, and attaching that!

I guess I could do it manually with CFMAILPARAM tag to set a MIME separator
header, but ..  there's gotta be a cooler way.

Thanks,

</ol>

     v i b e   m e d i a    http://www.vibe.co.nz/
  po box 10-492              wellington, new zealand
  phone +64 21 210-7845         oliver at lineham.co.nz