[thelist] WWW.TV - Domans with TV? Register Domains With TV?

Adrian Thompson adeythom at well.com
Tue Aug 29 17:55:21 CDT 2000

 From their website
(http://www.tv/en-def-71af75e99907/en/about/about_company_overview.shtml):

Where did dotTV come from?

.tv is the top level domain indicator (like .edu or .org) assigned to the
country of Tuvalu, a small Pacific Island nation. Through an agreement with
Tuvalu, dotTV became the exclusive registry and registrar for names in the
.tv domain. Tuvalu plans to use proceeds from the agreement — a minimum of
$4 million per year over the next ten years — to increase the quality of
life for its approximately 10,000 citizens. Tuvalu is also a significant
minority shareholder in dotTV and has a seat on dotTV's board.

Cheers,

Adrian Thompson