[thelist] Movie Compression Software

J. Ross Dishner ross at designcc.com
Thu Aug 31 12:30:09 CDT 2000

I've got a :30 commercial a client would like to put out as a
download. I hooked the old VCR up to my Mac and brought it in and
recorded it using Movie Player. Obviously It has no compression as
it's 35 Megs of pure fat. Anybody know of any free or share ware (I
plan on doing this once although I may be able to get them to
purchase a modestly priced commercial program) stuff that can smoosh
and smash this thing down.

I've never done anything like this. It's a simple text movie right
now so what do I use to get it into MPG format? Compression Scheme
from there?

In Ignorance,

Ross