[thelist] List problems..

Daniel J. Cody dcody at oracular.com
Fri Sep 1 01:21:27 CDT 2000

Hi everyone -

I know there have been a lot of list problems over the past 2 days. I'm
working my ass off to fix them.

I know that some emails are coming way ahead of their parents, some
aren't coming at all, and some are making pop tarts in peoples toaster
ovens without prior consent.

The problem relates to a(on my fault) totally customized Sendmail
server(hey, i wrote a mailing list manager, why not a mailserver!??)
which is based on Sendmail 8.11.devloper, and which i totally fucked up
to put it mildly :) A mailserver is one thing, but making is serve more
than 2 domains *that send mail to eachother* totally hosed me(on top of
people that subscribe with bogus email addy's, making every message
bounce infinite^2 times per email sent to thelist, which causes those
2GB log files which i eluded to earlier.)

At any rate, I've got a 12 pack of Bass, a pack of smokes, and the rest
of the night to make things right. Things will be kosher by Friday
morn/afternoon.

Again, and from the heart, thanks for your patience and understanding
through this. If anyone would like my changes to sendmail to try to fuck
up their own email server like I have, feel free to email me :)

.djc.