[thelist] rock n' roll web site

Erika Meyer erika at seastorm.com
Fri Sep 1 01:23:23 CDT 2000

thanks for all the good hints & suggestions, you helped me refine my
thinking.  It would be great fun, I think, to do a band site.
Hopefully it will happen.

Erika

<tip type="professional development" author="erika">

Almost every US urban area seems to be getting to the point where
universities offer internet/web skills classes (like classes for
Microsoft or Macromedia products, or database languages, etc...).
I've found that I get the most bang for my buck when such classes are
fast & furious (1-3 days) and offer hands on learning opportunities
(you sit at a computer and work through exercises in the instructor's
presence).  Then you go home and practice till it 'clicks.'

Least useful are classes that drag on thru and entire semester & have
a (hands-off) lecture with a lab & homework.  This particularly sucks
if you have a busy life. Unfortunately, the less-expensive community
college classes are too often set up this way.

I've borrowed money in the past to take computer classes, jealously
watching my classmates who's companies paid their way.  If you have a
job with a good firm, maybe you can get them to pay your way too.

</tip>
erika at seastorm.com
http://www.seastorm.com