[thelist] HomeSite, ASP, F11 and Photoshop

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 2 11:28:20 CDT 2000

> From: Martin <martin at lists.evolt.org>
>
> >her ASP files to look at them in the browser, Photoshop is launched,
> >instead.  How do I tell HomeSite or/and Windows 98 to launch a
> >browser, instead?  HTML files work just fine.
>
> it's all about what order you install your software in. Photoshop
> takes over the .asp file extension for its own use when you install
> it. You can reassign it from Windows Explorer.

actually, you can't do it in Windows Explorer... at least not on the
last 14 (or 16) machines into which i've installed PS... even after an
upgrade to IE4,5,5.5...

it's always had to be a registry hack to delete the key, and *then*
you can add it through explorer as a new file type (text/html, .asp,
etc.)...