[thelist] regex

kev.skindrill kev.skindrill at bigfoot.com
Sat Sep 2 16:01:34 CDT 2000

> Once again, my beloved list of country names causes troubles...
>
> For example, I have this string:
> $names = "Ab Station<br>  Deutschland (Osten), England";
> (yupp, exactly this thingy...)

> I'm having trouble with the blanks in the values. I can translate
> "England" just fine, but fail at all the names that consist of two
> words.

I had a similar problem with names in a drop down box and my way of solving
it might (or might not) help. Although the display read "7.5 Tonne Truck"
the value needed to be "75_Tonne_Truck", i.e. I had to remove the decimal
point and change the spaces to underscores. The language you are using looks
like Perl which I know nothing about, my solution was for an ASP
application, but maybe it works the same.
HTH