[thelist] new image format

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Sun Sep 3 13:22:58 CDT 2000

the Digital Imaging Group released the white paper over a
year ago on this... it's taken forever for them to get this
far... it has a lot of promise, but i'm concerned its
support will be no better than .png for some time to come...
both the developer apps (Photoshop, Fireworks, Paintshop,
Gimp, etc.) have to support it, as well as the browsers (NN,
IE, iCab, Opera, etc...)... if there's no immediate reason
for one side to adopt it, then the other may not either...

White Paper on JPEG 2000 Available
http://evolt.org/index.cfm?menu=8&cid=278