[thelist] securing images

Paul Bradforth pbi at dircon.co.uk
Thu Sep 7 10:40:52 CDT 2000

On 7/9/00 at 10:29 am, tjfaloon1 at msn.com (tjfaloon1) wrote:

> I don't think it is impossible. I've visited sites where I have tried
> to copy images & have gotten the message "this option has been
> disabled".

They were bluffing, or trying to blind you with science. As George just
said, if you can see the picture on your screen, it's yours to do what
you like with. Even if they don't save it to disk, they can take a
screenshot and use that.

But if it's optimized for Web, it won't be much good for printing. The
main thing is: if it matters that much, it shouldn't be there!

best wishes,

Paul

http://www.paulbradforth.com
http://pbi.freelancers.net