[thelist] ecommerce, shopping carts, etc.

Meredith Tupper meredith at pintsize.com
Thu Sep 7 13:53:50 CDT 2000

Hi Erica,

You're probably going to get a million replies to this, but here's my
take:

Folks who don't have/can't afford a merchant account may want to consider
CC Now (http://www.ccnow.com) or I-Bill (http://www.ibill.com), especially
if they just want to try out the market.  These places integrate the
merchant account service and shopping cart into one, and they're cake to
configure.  No backend help needed, no upfront cost, no programming
baldness.  For those who already have merchant accounts and are willing to
process their own payments manually, check out QuikStore
(http://www.quikstore) which is a pretty nice perl shopping cart that can
be set up as static html or database (meaning simple or complex cart)
without a tremendous amount of effort.  You'll probably need a geek to
help you with setup but it's really pretty straightforward.  Finally, if
you encounter folks who want to get a merchant account and want realtime
processing, you may want to look at LinkPoint or (uurrgghhh it's slipped
my mind, what the heck is it again?) Authorize Net or any of those payment
processing gateways.  Those cost more but high-volume sites will benefit
from not having to process payments manually.

Does this hep?

Meredith