[thelist] Re: securing images

Jay Turley jay at weberrific.org
Thu Sep 7 15:30:04 CDT 2000

Okay, I just have to throw my $.02 in here. The newer image-protection
items are plug-ins. To my great surprise, after downloading one to play
with it, I discovered that it had *broken my print screen capability*. Bad
plug-in! I never asked for you to do that to my computer, or approved it.

If you are in the business of selling images, and you don't mind forcing
your customers to get the plug-in to use your site, I can see the value.
But for me, if I go to a site that has one of the image-protection schemes
on it, and am prompted for a downloa, it's bye-bye to that site. I don't
appreciate content that disables the functionality of my PC.

  http://www.weberrific.org
 "Any sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology"