[thelist] ecommerce, shopping carts, etc.

John Scoot john.scoot at virgin.net
Fri Sep 8 05:22:39 CDT 2000

We're just doing our first e-commerce site for a client who sells TVR &
Lotus accessories. We did a detailed evaluation of most of the known
Shopping Cart software and settled on Actinic Catalog which scored top on
four criteria:- flexibility, quality, ease of integration and customisation
. We are 90% through building the site, which includes some fairly complex
product mixes, variations etc, and the software is living up to
expectations.

On the credit card processing front, the client already had a Merchant
Account, in order to trade online they had to fill out a simple request
form, Barclays asked us to answer a few security questions, validated
Actinic, and it was done. We then looked at the various Online Card
processing options -Worldpay came out tops on that evaluation, integrating
Worldpay with Actinic has been a doddle.

All in all, our first e-commerce experience has been relatively painless and
has almost been enjoyable....so we're all worried sick wondering when the
bomb will drop!
John S.