[thelist] shopping carts

Warden, Matt mwarden at odyssey-design.com
Sun Sep 10 20:11:48 CDT 2000

I didn't follow everything you said, but let me explain how i handle this...

A single product can have multiple SKUs. Each SKU can be related to 0 or
more product attributes. So, I have a one to many between SKU and product
attribute respectively. So, since the data relationship goes from product
attribute to SKU and not the other way around, you can have a product with
no product attributes. So, when someone selects attributes, they're really
generating criteria to find the correct SKU number to add to their basket.

Make sense? I don't think it would get out of hand at all to make each
option individual. I don't know how you can get out of showing all the
options (whether it's separate questions or one question with all
permutations displayed as options).

--
mattwarden
mattwarden.com