[thelist] of windows and cablemodems

Hugh Blair hblair at bigfoot.com
Tue Sep 12 08:41:56 CDT 2000

Hi Martin,

Isn't it great?!?  I just downloaded a large file at an average of 76.5K/s.
Many times I'm almost at T1 speed.  Now, on to your question:

If you're using Outlook*, go to your accounts (Tools/Accounts) and look a the
Properties of each of your accounts.  Make sure you've checked the box "Connect
using my local area network (LAN)" instead of any of the other options.  This is
on the "Connection" tab.

Now Outlook* should work both ways.  If your dialer tries to pop up, you'll need
to find any of it's settings and turn of things like "Automatically dial when
started" or some such.

I found that IE5.01 worked without any changes.  Yell if you have any other
questions/problems.
-Hugh