[thelist] cable modem bandwidth

Hugh Blair hblair at bigfoot.com
Tue Sep 12 10:40:31 CDT 2000

Two friends.  One has DSL, one has a cable modem.  With the exception of about
6pm to 11pm, all other times the cable has been faster - lots faster.  When
folks get home and crowd the cable channels, that shared network slows down.
I'm lucky so far, my area hasn't signed up enough users to slow access down
during the evenings.  I don't see cable access as "a passing fad" but it
probably will slow down somewhat in the future.

Of course, YMMV.
-Hugh