[thelist] cable modem bandwidth

Jen Worden jen at meadoworks.com
Wed Sep 13 10:00:19 CDT 2000

At 09:01 PM 9/12/00 -0600, Tony Grimes wrote:
>     In this respect, cable is definitely more reliable since almost all
>areas can get it (if it's offered).

Which leads me to ask about satellite connections.

We are in the unfortunate position of being too far away from the DSL shelf
and on a rural road where cable doesn't(& won't) run. Satellite seems to be
our only hope of a decent internet connection. You'll note I said "decent"
- our phone lines won't even suppport 56k so *anything* is better than what
we have!

Has the internet decentralized/globalized business? Yes. But I can tell you
from experience, ya really have to *want* to live in the boonies! ;) But I
digress. So how about those satellite connections?

cfn ...

Jen Worden - Web Developer
meadoworks - http://www.meadoworks.com