[thelist] VoDSL

Daniel J. Cody djc at five2one.org
Thu Sep 14 01:58:50 CDT 2000

Sorry for the confusion. :)

adsl or any varient of DSL 'supports' voice because they go over the
same wire. 'voice' doesn't run over tcp/ip if you have a DSL connection.
the pipe(POTS) can handle both analog(tradition voice, phone calls) and
digital(your internet connection) signals at the same time -therfore
letting dsl you talk on the phone( in the traditional sense) and browse
the web at the same time.

you're right on james.. i thought tony was asking about VoDSL(voice over
IP), and not voice over POTS in the tradition sense.

.djc.