[thelist] Ranking search results

Steve Cook sck at biljettpoolen.se
Thu Sep 14 02:00:39 CDT 2000

Well, to continue one of the list's most spread out threads :-) I found this
the other day on www.asptoday.com

Searching for multiple words with rating in an Access Database -
http://www.asptoday.com/articles/20000315.htm

This has certainly given me some good ideas and shows the basic concept for
how one gives ranking in SQL (using an empty field in your result set and
using SQL to generate a value for number of hits into that field and then
sorting on the field.).

Clever stuff and it certainly helps me down the road I was aiming for.

Let me know if anything else pops up.

.steve