[thelist] Dumb PHP question.

Steve Cook sck at biljettpoolen.se
Thu Sep 14 02:20:39 CDT 2000

I was looking at regexps in PHP last night (at home, so this is all from
memory). In your php source directory (if you are running under Linux)
you'll find a directory called regex. In that directory, you can point man
at a file called regex.7 to get some good background information on the
Posix style of regex that PHP uses!

One of the main bits was that there's a way to check whether certain "atoms"
are numeric which I think was [:isnum:], looking at the information here
http://www.php.net/manual/function.ereg.php it appears that using [0-9] also
works. So I would suggest something along the lines of

if (ereg("^[,.0-9]+$", $amount) {
	do something;
} else {
	complain loudly;