[thelist] hiding a password in a simple javascript prompt box

Jorah Lavin madstone at madstone.net
Thu Sep 14 04:17:53 CDT 2000

At 11:01 PM 9/13/00, I wrote:

>I'd make it even simpler... just put up a page that isn't linked-to from
>any other page in the site, and send out the unique address to the clients
>each month.

Okay, just so I'm not accused of _always_ trying to find the easy way out,
here is some JS a co-worker wrote for a "fake" password protection in a
similar situation.

http://www.madstone.net/evolt/passwordJS.txt

The password is "Butterfly" and the login is "2000" (or visaversa)

I can't vouch that this is "good" javascript, but it works on our intra
with a target audience of Win IE 4.x users.

-Jorah