[thelist] Tables vs Layers (NS4)

Jamie Madden jamie at bayou.com
Fri Sep 15 09:33:32 CDT 2000

>No surprise about NS4!!! I hate that thing!! I think the only people using
>it are web developers checking to see how their designs look in it!

I use NS4 as my main browser and I always build first for NS.  I figure
that if NS4 is the hardest browser to code for then getting it to work in
NS will be the hardest thing to do so if I do it first I've got the hardest
part outta the way.

The only reason I keep IE (besides the fact that M$ has made sure we can't
get rid of it) is for testing.

Maybe I'm just "old school" but I remember IE3 and the bad, bad taste it
leaves in your mouth.  I began coding for NS and I'm sticking with NS.

And another thing;  Yes it's difficult to get NS to do everything IE can do
but I've never been unable to get anything I wanted done to work in both.

And one other thing;  NS6 is not the dog everyone says it is.  I've found
that the main problem everyone is having with NS6 is poor browser detection
implementation.

Ok, I know I got way off the topic and I'll get off of my soapbox now.

jamie