[thelist] internship in Australia

Joxn joxn at vernum.com
Tue Sep 19 12:51:18 CDT 2000

Hi everybody,
I need your help here:
Rightnow, I'm studying Information-/Communicationengineering in Germany
and I think it would be great to gain international experience. My
university supports students who want to work abroad for one semester (6
months). Usually these students add their vacation (3 months) to be able
to stay longer in the country.

Personally, I'd like to stay for 9 months at a company in or near Sydney
or Melbourne. My "Praxissemester" (as it is called in German) would
begin 1st Sep. 2001, but this may vary and I can set up the exact
details with the company.
I'd be glad to work with a company that is more into Linux rather than
Windows, but I'm definitely open for everything. I'm interested in
anything that deals with the Internet. However, I'm more into backend
stuff, like DB and scripting rather than design. I know HTML, Perl, PHP,
JavaScript, have worked with mySQL and Oracle. I can set up Apache and
know some networking stuff. I can code in C/C++, and can write basic
shell scripts. I'm not an expert in these, but I'm willing to learn
anything.
As I'm also running an auction site, I'm particular interested in
working for an e-commerce company.

Doing a Wap/WML mobile (commerce) project would be extra cool. Probably,
I could develop such a project for a company that needs it, but doesn't
have the manpower and therefor is on low-priority, just an idea.

It would be fantastic if somebody could help me to get in touch with
such companies. Email addresses or persons, I can send an application
and my Curriculum Vitae to, would be great!

Thank you very much in advance,
Joxn
--
   || //\\ \\// |\\||  ::  mailto:joxn at vernum.com  ::