[thelist] window.opener.whatever() (was: Getting variable values...)

Warden, Matt mwarden at odyssey-design.com
Tue Sep 19 17:26:20 CDT 2000

> When I tried the "var x = self.opener.function_name();" in the window
> opened by the main window,  I got an error message saying that
> "Javascript does not support this property or method." Any suggestions
> on how to fix this?  I got the second window page to open up,  but when it
> did I got this error message.

Hmmm... I've always used window.opener.function(). Anyway, was the window
opened by JavaScript? I gotta admit that I haven't done this in a while.
i've been a backend do0d for too long. Others on the list could possibly
help you. I changed the subject to attract the javascriptiphiles (*cough*
Jeff *cough*).

HTH a tad,

--
mattwarden