[thelist] mysql

Adrian Fischer info at aussiebidder.com
Wed Sep 20 05:44:28 CDT 2000

Hi Guys,

I've jumped in the deep end and decided to convert my perl driven, flat file
site into a php driven mysql backended thingy.  I have access to the db and
am ready to go but at present am using telnet to input commands which is
very slow to respond.  I only need to set up about three of four tables
within the db so its not a biggy but I would like to be able to have some
practice first.   I find telnetting to cumbersome and slow.  Is there a
better way to get access to the command line?

The other thing I'd like to know is: within the one db that I have could I
set up a number of tables that aren't related.  ie I have 3 tables within
the db that relate to a certain site and then I set up 2 more tables in the
same db that contain data about another site.  Did that make sense? Is it
wrong? I know very little about how the inside of a db works.

Any and all comments welcomed.

Adrian Fischer
AussieBidder.Com (BN17329700)
58 Ballinger Crescent