[thelist] Site Review Please

David McCreath mccreath at ak.net
Wed Sep 20 10:22:07 CDT 2000

Hi, Alex --

I like the play on the thistle and the St. Andrew's cross in the logo -- did
you do that or was that part of the organization's identity to begin with?

The only thing I would add to aardvark's comments is this:

The colors on your buttons clash with everything else on the site. You want
them to stand out, but you don't want them to hurt. :) The purple (on my
monitor, anyway) isn't as bad as the green, but the vibrant emerald green of
the button and the cool, dark aqua of the logo have no business being on the
same page. Look for colors that will give you some contrast but stay within
the same value range. There are blues, grays, even some browns and reds in
the 216 palette that would work.

Now I gotta go to my UNIX class...