[thelist] mysql tables and web based client

Raul Beltran espiritudelvino at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 20 16:07:24 CDT 2000

From: "Adrian Fischer" <info at aussiebidder.com>
> The other thing I'd like to know is: within the one db that I have could I
> set up a number of tables that aren't related.  ie I have 3 tables within
> the db that relate to a certain site and then I set up 2 more tables in
the
> same db that contain data about another site.  Did that make sense? Is it
> wrong? I know very little about how the inside of a db works.

That will work, but would be a better idea to have one Database with 3
tables for one site, and another database with 2 more tables for the other
site. If you have not acces to create databases then I think you will have
to create all your tables within a single Database. If that is your case, to
avoid confusion, you might want to name your tables like this:
site1_tablename1, site1_tablename2, site1_tablename3 ... site2_tablename1,
site2_tablename2, etc etc...

It is possible to administrate a mysql database from a browser with
phpMyAdmin, (http://phpwizard.net) its very easy to manage databases with
this graphical tool.