[thelist] including $variables in php

Adrian Fischer afischer at aussiebidder.com
Thu Sep 21 05:22:08 CDT 2000

I knew this would happen...

Ok Ive created a table and I can actually insert data into it. I was
impressed but when I showed it to my wife she said.."and?"...deflated me
somewhat :-(

As I stated earlier I have a site in perl/cgi that Im trying to change over
to mysql/php. So that I dont have to hard code colours of tables and other
things I used $variables to define them once and then used said variables.
Can I do the same in php?  I tried using the "include('variable.php3')" but
nothing happens.  In view source I can see the include statement (but not
the variables that it was supposed to include).

Im assuming it can be done but cant seem to make it work.

In anticipation of  your response...thanks

Adrian