[thelist] Mac fonts compared to IBM

Julia Frizzell Julia_Frizzell at Brown.edu
Thu Sep 21 15:05:55 CDT 2000

At 3:10 PM -0500 9/21/00, Christopher Ditty wrote:
>      Can anyone tell me what fonts are on a Mac and how they relate to a
>      Windows machine?  In particular, I need to know what a courier font is
>      compared to on the Mac.

Courier, or Courier New. I think you'll find that quite a few fonts
these days are named the same on both platforms. Times New Roman,
Arial, and Courier are examples.

Of course, the Mac still has Times and Helvetica. A lot depends on
what software the user has installed. I think my copies of some of
the fonts came with MS Word.

>      Is there a website that has this information handy?

Not that I'm aware of. But I'd love to hear of one too!