[thelist] Mac fonts compared to IBM

Patricia Meeks pmeeks at email.msn.com
Thu Sep 21 23:43:00 CDT 2000

On this same topic, if we set up our style sheets to read "Verdana, Geneva,
Arial, sans-serif" for example, and most Mac users have either Verdana or
Geneva installed, will the Mac browsers (or all the browsers) set the
preference from left to right and choose Verdana first?

BTW, the info on Mac fonts has been the best I've seen. Thanks for all the
info and screen shots. I had no idea how ugly Arial looked and I thought I
was doing the Mac visitors a favor by specifying Helveticam. I'm off to redo
my style sheets!

Patricia Meeks
pmeeks at msn.com