[thelist] CF_ThreeSelectsRelated (Clarification)

Dan Slater DSlater at buxtonco.com
Fri Sep 22 15:41:22 CDT 2000

Hmm, I spoke a little quickly there.

The onchange breaks for field 3 ONLY when there is 1 option in the select.
If there is more than one option in the third select, it works properly.

I have "worked around" this bug by removing all of the EMPTYTEXT options
from the custom tag.  However, that raises another issue.   The second
select only populates it's values when the onchange() event is fired in the
first select.  If there is no EMPTYTEXT, the first select displays the first
option.  If the user then wants to USE that first option, the second select
will only populate if the user changes the first select to anything but the
first item, and then back to the first item (thereby triggering the
onchange() for the first item.

Obviously, this is the lesser of two evils - but still evil...heh.

Dan Slater