[thelist] include() a header

Adrian Fischer adrian at logo-logic.com
Sun Sep 24 06:14:39 CDT 2000

Think I should have stuck with perl and cgi.  This thing is killing me.

I have a standard html file as my header.  Includes some navigation and
search forms.  No big deal.  I want to be able to include it into all my
other pages without hard coding it in.  I have read the php manual about
include() but came away none the wiser.  I have searched everything I could
lay my hands on but am still none the wiser.

<?php
include ('header.inc.php');
?>
this is what I have at the top of my page.  Above that is <html><body>.
I have enlosed the header with <?php ?> I have left it plain html, I have
called it ,php, .html.  I have given the calling file the extension of php
and html and no combination seems to work.

Any ideas?

Adrian Fischer