[thelist] CF? content management HELP!

Erika Meyer erika at seastorm.com
Sun Sep 24 11:59:30 CDT 2000

>  > yes, coldfusion I'd say. then, later on you can
>  > get into spectra (CMS).
>
>erika, you said you were hosting from NT boxen... and you
>had *access* to CF...

CF is there, on the server.

>why not start off with ASP/IIS?  you've already got it
>there...

aardvark: you must remember you are talking to a code idiot.  I have
no reason to prefer one thing over another (except my semi-irrational
distrust of all things Microsoft) ...

Partly I'm concerned about trying to do too many things and getting
caught up in multiple learning curves.  So I want to focus on one
language first: the one that I can 'get' and the one that will help
me do as much as I need to do in a relatively simple, intuitive
manner.

I'm a holistic, not a linear thinker, and comfortable with the
concept of a tag-based system.

>and down the road when you need a CMS, i can help point some
>out...
>
>i suspect you prefer CF, but just in case, i thought i'd
>mention that you already have ASP at your disposal...

yeah, I think it's time for me to do some reading.  I compiled a good
list & now just need to find a moment to sit down & do it.

re: Flash/accessibility....

I envision Flash being used (down the road) in small bits,
cosmetically, as decorative details; something that could be easily
replaced by a gif and an alt tag.

Erika

erika at seastorm.com