[thelist] ColdFusion Question

Warden, Matt mwarden at odyssey-design.com
Mon Sep 25 16:43:46 CDT 2000

I went to your page. Couldn't find the error. What's the error you're
getting?

One of the DBA-types will probably speak up here, but it doesn't seem like
the classes should really be column names. I would make a separate table
called Class (hmmm... might be a reserved word???) and I would have columns
called classid and classdate rather than a column for each class. Or, even
better, a table called Subject (which would hold data like "Access 2000")
and another table called Class (which would hold a specific instance of that
class -> unique: combo of SubjectID and ClassDate).

This way, #ClassName# would be a SQL string value and NOT a database object.

Still would like to see that error msg.

--
mattwarden
mattwarden.com