[thelist] ColdFusion Question

Jonathan Lim jonathan.lim at netdecisions.co.uk
Tue Sep 26 06:36:13 CDT 2000

Can't see any error. Just a thought though, name your query and variables
differently. Since you haven't scoped ClassName in your second query, CF may
be getting confused.

Try this:
<!--- Select class name and description --->
<cfquery datasource="blah" name="ClassName">
	SELECT c.ID, c.TableName, c.CourseName, sd.StudentID, sd.LastName,
sd.FirstName
	FROM   Classes c, StudentData sd
	WHERE
	c.TableName = sd.TableName
	AND
	c.TableName = '#ClassName#'
	ORDER BY sd.LastName
</cfquery>

I don't know your schema, but this assumes that the class name is stored in
the TableName field on both your tables.

Later,
Jon