[thelist] Re:cross-domain cookies in Netscape

Seth Bienek seth at sethbienek.com
Tue Sep 26 11:38:50 CDT 2000

Hi Steven,

Cookies are not my area of expertise, so someone may be able to correct me
on this,  but I think that the "domain" attribute can't be set to an
external domain, for security reasons.

Rather, it is set to specify which computers in a domain have access to that
cookie.  For example, if you want shopping.mydomain.com to be the only
server that "sees" the cookie, then the "domain" attribute can be set
accordingly.

Regards,

Seth

Seth Bienek